Eggs are more than just a delicious way to start your day! Known as nature’s multivitamin, eggs are an incredibly nutritious food source with a wealth of health benefits!
Our favourite health benefits include:
- Eggs were once blamed for contributing to high cholesterol, but recent studies have found the opposite is true! Eggs are actually useful in helping to balance LDL (bad cholesterol) and HDL (good cholesterol) levels. Therefore, helping in the prevention of heart disease.
- Eggs are also low in calories, with each egg containing only 78 calories. That’s less than half an avocado or one roast sweet potato.
- They also help to promote fat loss as they are low in fat and high in protein.
- They are also high in omega 3 fatty acid levels, which have been shown to keep blood pressure and cholesterol in check. Omega 3’s have also been shown to help with improving the symptoms of ADHD.
- Eggs contain choline which has been shown to increase concentration and improve brain functions.
- They have high levels of antioxidants which are incredibly important in fighting free radicals within the body, to play a role in reducing ageing and preventing disease.
- Eggs contain Vitamin D which can aid in fighting depression and fatigue.
- The Vitamin B that is found in eggs is essential for improving the quality of your sleep by increasing your rapid eye movement ensuring that you have a better night’s rest.
- Eggs contain good levels of iron, magnesium and potassium which keeps the blood healthy as iron boosts oxygen transport, and potassium and magnesium reduce blood pressure and improve blood circulation.
- Eggs also contain calcium to keep teeth and bones strong.
Eggs are a nutritionally excellent source of food and when they are the cheapest protein product on the fresh food market, why not get yourselves a pastured egg to enjoy – whether it be poached, fried or scrambled.